Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Women's Cycling Clinic, May 15-16

I managed to grab the last spot when I signed up for the Redlands Women's Cycling Clinic.

I'm REALLY REALLY excited!!! I just got a detailed email about the itinerary for the weekend. I'll be driving there so I'm unsure of whether or not I'll participate in the Crit on Sunday but I'm really going to try to make it out there!!!

It sounds awesome so far, I'll report back about the experience!

It's been freakin cold this week, so I will probably skip this Thursday's crit. I barely survived out there last night on a casual spin!

Here's the itinerary:

SATURDAY SCHEDULE:

6:00 - 7:00 am
Check-in (for participants that did not do Early Check-in on Friday afternoon).

7:00 - 8:00 am
Breakfast, Get Ready to Ride, and Group Assignments

8:00 - 9:00 am
Clinic Introduction and overview.

9:00 - 12:00 pm
On-Bike-Instruction
We will stop for breaks, to re-fill water bottles, etc. There will be SAG support for all three groups: water, mechanical support, first aid, etc.

12:00-1:00 pm
Lunch,Clinic Directors available for Q&A.
Guest Speaker - Dotsie Bausch; National Road Cycling Champion and promoter of the growth of women's cycling.

1:00 - 3:00 pm
Seminars/workshops: Nutrition, Muscle Recovery/Stretching, Yoga & Core Strengthening, Basic Bike Maintenance, Team & Individual Race Tactics. Choose those 4 that you are interested in attending. Each will last 30 min.

3:00-5:00 pm
Guest Speaker - Erica Davis; 1st Woman Parapalygic to summit Mt Kilimanjaro and Redlands Bicycle Classic Champion Handcyclist
Clinic directors speak on: "Training tips & things to consider to achieve your riding goals." General questions and answers.

SUNDAY:
Criterium race in Ontario. Women Cat4

No comments:

Post a Comment