Tuesday, May 25, 2010

OC Great Park Crit- May 20th

I raced with the Men's Cat 4/5 this time around. Four of my friends from the shop ride were there with me, and of course Michael was rooting for me on the side.

My second time at the Great Park- I was able to maneuver the course more confidently- the turns didn't get me this time around. I got popped off the back on the first lap- and hopped on and popped off about 2 more times before I pulled off to the side for some advice from the coach/significant other- Apparently I was still wasting energy pedaling inefficiently in the wrong gear. So I waited for the pack to come around again and hopped on and got into the tiny ring in the back and lo-and-behold I was able to hold on to the pack. I ended up coming in dead last but man did it feel good. It was my first time actually finishing a race (the first week was pretty lame since I didn't come in with the pack) so it really felt like a worthy accomplishment.

The weather was great that day too- really hot- just the way I like it when I ride. Otherwise I need warmers for anything under 66. I'm such a Californian pansy.

No comments:

Post a Comment