Friday, August 20, 2010

Getting Back on the Bike

It's been a while since Michael and I have really had a serious ride. Last night we rode to watch the OC Crit and Tuesday we went around Back Bay and Irvine until one of Michael's spokes flew out and we rolled home easy. Two weeks ago, August 7th, was the last big ride we did- 4 hours, 60 miles, 2600ft of climbing. I remember we were sleep deprived that day and rode like @!#$, and I'm still feeling tired today. Losing a little sleep each night makes the deficit hard to get out of. We are definitely looking forward to our next vacation.

I picked up the old steel bike I've had since I was 10 from my parent's garage and turned it into my commuter. It took an entire day to clean 10 years of grit and dust of it and to take off the dork disks and excess reflectors. I finally have a bike that I can ride around without worrying about it getting stolen. I took it to my dentist appointment the other day and he had a good laugh about how I couldn't decide on where to park and lock it up.

The weather has been great. Summer came and the days are fiercely hot. I can't wait for the long Sunday ride with some good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment