Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Affliction

Some girls like Louis V and Jimmy Choo, I have a hardcore incurable affliction to Assos of Switzerland. My friends call me the Bike Swag Queen for all the the custom pieces added to my bike, but no one knows the extent of my swag-grab-a-holism. It's an addiction that I think stems from the satisfaction of that "I just HAVE to HAVE that now" feeling (for less than what it's supposed to cost, if that's any justification at all); the satisfaction of the consumer's thrill. Jerseys, bibs, jackets, accessories, and even water bottles round out my current collection, and currently I'm on a hunt for a wind shell.

In other news, my camera flew out of my jersey pocket on PCH around Corona Del Mar and a car smashed it to pieces. I was able to recover the memory card, but I certainly won't be uploading pictures for a while. I've also been doing the good ol shop ride, watching the Great Park Crit, and some long weekend rides.

Things have really slowed down since the Earth decided Summer days needed to behave like Winter and since the Tour ended. I guess it's just a sign of the encroaching end of the sport's season. Fortunately I was able to get my hands on some sassy Assos winter gear. Go go empty bank account!


No comments:

Post a Comment