Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hungry Hungry Hippo

I'm almost always hungry. Since I started my diet back in April on this day I've managed to lose 20 pounds. (Thanks Livestrong.com!) A lot of people ask me what I eat... well... Usually for lunch it's a cup of brown rice and a cup of vegetables. I know, exciting right??? But today I made myself a special treat!

Soba with a side of Miso Salmon

Nutritional Information


That's 2oz of broiled salmon brushed with miso, mirin, and soy, 2oz of soba, and 1/8 cup dipping sauce for a grand total of 288 calories. Not bad eh? It really isn't a lot of food, but with only 885 calories in a day there isn't really much I can eat. Of course on days that I ride I eat a pre-ride snack and take Vitargo with me so I'm not lying on the side of the road trashed dry out of nutrients. Anyway... On with the ride report!

Today's Ride: Newport Coast x2 Again

So slow! I was too tired to ride like usual. I couldn't even hit max HR going up the hill... all I was able to do was survive. It's not a feeling I like when I'm on my bike, I'd much rather be pumped up, but I suppose everyone has their bad days. Michael and I had a picnic after the ride overlooking the Marina- I wish I had brought my camera. Lots of people were having picnics as well, the weather is just perfect for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment