Monday, June 14, 2010

Crash Scare and Updates

Recently I've been hearing a lot of horror stories about cyclists around me crashing their face. At first it was just the pros but now I'm seeing dentures and stitches on people from my shop rides, and I'm starting to get really scared about racing... The race reports from Domingues Hills don't help either. Additionally my new S2 is coming in either today or tomorrow, and I'm certain that after building it up I'm going to be way too scared to crash it. I'm still debating whether or not to keep my Tarmac... Initially I thought I would be less attached to it, hence would take it to races... I know, extremely counterintuitive as it defeats the purpose of purchasing a more aero race bike...

I got started racing so late this season that I'm feeling less motivated to do more races this year. I did my longest ride of the season last Sunday (I think it was the 6th), 60 miles from A Road Bike 4 U through Irvine to Santiago, then through the SART and back to the shop. I replaced the cogs on my rear wheel and since then I've been climbing like a champ. It's awesome!

I got new tires (Michelin Pro Race 3) after getting a flat on last week's Wed night ride. The green and pink combo looks awesome imo! My S.O. ordered pink and green bartape as well... aaaah I can't wait for my Cervelo to come in! Then I gotta equip it with the new white ltd ed 3T handlebar and stem... OOO and rumors of white Sram stuff coming out in 2011... Goodbye savings account!

Will definitely upload pics of my new bike when it's in. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment